Posted in Blogging, Europe, Photos, Traveling
Tagged blogging, catedral, espana, inspiring, love letter, love letter to sevilla, motivational, new blog, personal blog, sevilla, seville, spain, spanje, travel, travel tips, traveling
1. Work hard for school and don’t leave everything until the last minute. It’ll give you stress you don’t need.
2. The friends you make in high school wont always stick around and that’s okay, don’t worry too much about what those people think of you since there’s a huge chance they won’t even be in your life just two years after you finish high school.
3. Don’t make too many specific future plans. You will change your mind quite often and you change as a person a lot while growing up. And that’s completely fine. The things you care about when you’re 16 won’t be the same when you’re 21 or older, just don’t stress too much about it, if you haven’t figured it out yet.
4. Be kind to your parents. Being 16 is fun and exciting and your parents might be strict but it’s for the best. They mean well and you will have tons and tons of time to do whatever what you want when you’re older.
5. It’s totally fine not to fit in.
6. Don’t worry so much about (silly, little) things. These things will probably not matter just a little after you stop worrying about them.
7. You don’t need a boy- or girlfriend in high school. You really, really don’t. It’s fun and young love is great but it’s not important and it shouldn’t be a priority. There’s a huge chance (without being pessimistic) that love won’t last so not having a boy- or girlfriend isn’t the worst thing in the world, even if it seems like it is at that time.
8. Be. Yourself. Easier said than done for sure but try to be yourself as much as possible. This way you will have friends who like you for you and oh God it’s so much easier that way.
9. Find a job, work (a lot) and save up. You will be so grateful if you do that instead of going out every single weekend and waisting your money on drinks.
10. And once again, don’t worry so much. Everything will fall into place and be okay soon enough.
What would you tell your 16 year old self? Leave your thoughts in the comments below, I’d love to hear them!
Emotionally I’ve been a little all over the place. I’ve been trying to find out who I am, what I want from life and what I want from the people around me, for a really long time. Every single time when I think I have it all figured out, it turns out I really don’t have it figured out at all.
I’m not the same person I was when I was 18 and just finished high school. I have different ideas about life, different friends and different dreams. I guess we all change, things that happen to you will change you. But along the way I realized it’s really important to not let people change you. Because the reality is, there’s a huge chance those people won’t stick around forever. Change because you feel like it’s necessary. Change because of what happened to you. But don’t change because you want someone to like you, or because you want to fit in. It’s not going to make a difference.
I often have really long chats with some of my closest friends and we often ask each other what we did wrong in order to “deserve this or that”. The answer is nothing. Absolutely nothing. It has nothing to do with whether you’re a good person or not. Feeling sorry for yourself won’t help you. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. I just need to remind myself of that every now and then. Because I often do feel sorry for myself. And when I do I’m just angry at how some things turned out. I’m angry because I don’t think it’s fair and I wonder what I could have done differently. One of my all time favorite quotes is “If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.” Stop blaming yourself for when something doesn’t go the way you wanted it to go. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
Especially when it comes to love. You will get your heart broken again, it will happen and it sucks. It hurts. It can hurt a lot. Love hurts when enough is not enough. But in reality there’s nothing you can change about that. You can’t make someone love you. Life isn’t unfair because of that, that’s just how it is. Whenever I like someone, maybe even love, I give it my all. I try to be caring and kind and loving and helpful all at once. I try to be the best possible version of myself. Maybe that’s why I’ve had a really, really hard time letting go of people in the past, also because letting go in my eyes means there’s no way back. It feels like you’re giving up on something that could have been great. But while you’re holding on to something you deep down inside knew wasn’t going to work out (anymore) you’re only fooling yourself. You are breaking your own heart. You are in charge of your own heart. Letting go is heartbreaking and you’ll need time but fooling yourself is even more painful. I love too much and too intense and that’s completely my fault but since when is caring too much a crime? Why are we all so afraid of caring about a person and loving someone so much? It shouldn’t be a risky thing. It should be an easy thing to do. Because in the end you will get your heart broken again, so you might as well risk it all while doing so.
‘Cause love is tough when enough is not enough not enough not enough not enough…
You are the only person who can stop you from doing what you want. You are the only person who can decide on whether to love less or more. Not everyone is going to love you and that’s okay. Someday someone will and until then, I guess you’ll need to love yourself first.
Posted in Blogging, General, Personal
Tagged blog, blogging, inspiration, inspirational, love, motivation, motivational, personal, quote, quotes